So I have thought about changing the format a little making it not just a craft blog, which would entail a name change, or possibly just giving it up all together because again who really cares about anything I have to show or say when there is so much out there. That is the bitter sweet part of the blog world...sooooo many blogs to choose from. So what sets mine apart form any other blog...besides my sparkling personality and sharp wit?
I wish I had the answer. But for now I guess I am going just keep things the way they are with a slight twist. I am going to share an experiment that my husband and I are doing. I have mentioned before that my husband is probably going back to school to get his Phd. Making us poor students again. So we thought that it would be prudent (yeah I totally just used the word prudent) to try to live on a smaller budget. Specifically a smaller food budget. And try to spend less over all. We are pretty good budgeters (by the way not a word according to spell check) and we already stick to a monthly budget but this is going to be tough even for us.
So here are the details:
- Use the food we already have including our food storage to make meals for the month.
- Cut our food budget by more than half for the month.
- Only eat out once a week (by far the hardest part of this experiment, I don't know if I have mentioned this before but I am not much of a cook...I can do it I just don't like to)
- Cut our eating out budget by more than half.
- Do not buy anything that is not a necessity.
Don't worry I still have some crafts to share and will show you my thrifty crafts since I will not be buying anything new this month!